Traffic Engineer Insurance

As a traffic engineer, you can expect to see some growth in the near future. In fact, this field is projected to grow by about 20% by 2022 in response to improvements involving infrastructure. If you are hoping to experience some growth within your business, it’s time to obtain traffic engineer insurance. Before you get a quote for a policy, find out what it covers.

General Liability

Whether you work in an office or have to go to different work sites for your job, you need to make sure your traffic engineer insurance policy includes general liability. This type of coverage protects you in case someone is injured on your business property and requests that you pay for their medical treatment. Having traffic engineer liability insurance means you will not have to pay out of pocket for any medical bills or legal settlements for which you are responsible.

Your traffic engineer liability insurance should also cover you if you damage another person’s property while you are doing your job. Without this coverage, you would have to pay for the repairs or replacement on your own, which could put you out of business. Additionally, traffic engineer liability insurance can pay for any lawsuits that may result should you be accused of stealing the intellectual property of another company.

Business Owners (BOP)

When you have a building for your business, you need to protect it in case of fire, vandalism, or any natural disasters that might destroy it. That’s why your business insurance policy needs to include a BOP. This part of your policy also pays to replace any damaged personal property inside the building, such as equipment and furnishings that you use for business. A BOP can cover accounts receivable, electronic data processing, and forgery and alteration.

Professional Liability (E&O)

As a traffic engineer, you know that any big mistakes you make on the job could lead to severe consequences. If the worst occurs and you face one or more lawsuits alleging that your work is subpar, you will be glad to have professional liability as part of your business insurance. Without it, it’s very possible that you could go out of business, depending on the expense of the lawsuit.

Commercial Auto

If your profession as a traffic engineer requires you to drive for business purposes, it’s important to include commercial auto coverage in your traffic engineer insurance policy. If you rely on your personal auto insurance to pay for the damages after you cause an accident, you will be disappointed to find that your claim will likely be denied once it is discovered that you were driving for business.

Workers Comp

If your business has employees, you need workers comp. This coverage protects both you and your employees. Even if you think the job is low risk and unlikely to result in injuries, you will appreciate having this coverage when an employee trips over office furniture or slips on a wet floor and breaks a bone, for example. Workers comp will pay for the medical treatment, rehabilitation, and even lost wages so that you do not have to personally pay these costs.