18 Wheeler Insurance
18 Wheeler Truck Insurance
Whether you are an independent owner-operator or your company owns a fleet of 18 Wheeler trucks, these trucks are the lifeblood of your company. Without them you cannot transport goods, fulfill contracts, and most importantly you can’t earn any income.
Regardless of whether your company 18 Wheelers drive across country or serve just a few states in the region, the right types of commercial auto insurance are crucial for protecting your assets. The truck itself may be very expensive. Imagine if you had to personally pay for repairs out of your own pocket. If that’s not enough, just add in the value of the trailer and the load you’re hauling and you’ll agree that an auto accident can financially decimate your company. Choosing the right types of commercial auto insurance protects you from having to pay for repairs or medical bills caused by an accident, and most importantly is can protect you against uninsured drivers. If your company operates one or more 18 wheeler trucks, here are the types of business auto insurance you need to carry:
Other Important Commercial Auto Insurance For 18 Wheelers Includes:
- Towing – Towing insurance will pay for any towing services when your 18 wheeler becomes non drivable.
- Trailer – Trailer coverage protects your company from having to pay for repairs or replacement to the trailer that was being hauled by your truck at the time of the accident.
- Trailer Interchange – Trailer interchange coverage protects trailers that you do not own but are hauling as part of an interchange service. This is physical damage protection for trailers that you do not own. It provides coverage for theft, vandalism, explosion, fire and collision.
- Reefer Breakdown – If your reefer equipment malfunctions and your cargo is ruined as a result, reefer breakdown insurance pays for the loss.
- Unattended Truck coverage – When you stop for food or to rest and you must move away from your 18 wheeler and its cargo, it may be subject to theft, vandalism or other hazards. Unattended truck coverage protects you from losses that occur while you’re away from the truck and its cargo.
- Cargo – Cargo insurance protects your company from financial losses that can be caused when the cargo you are hauling is damaged or destroyed.
- Accessories (Ex: mileage meters, navigation units, radios) – Accessories insurance protects you from the loss of expensive specialty equipment that you may have installed in or on your 18 wheeler. The GPS units your company uses for navigation and weigh station passing, the communications radios and electronic log books can all be protected with this additional coverage to your commercial truck insurance policy.