Business Insurance for
Acupuncturists provide an important service to their clients. While some people still feel that acupuncture is not valid medicine, many have learned the truth in recent years. This business growing and shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. As an acupuncturist, your primary concern is making your patients feel better. You must also take care of the business side of things however, and it’s important to make sure you have the right levels of business insurance coverage for the best protection.
Acupuncturist General Liability Insurance
A commercial general liability insurance policy gives you a solid base of broad level protection against a variety of potential problems that can arise each day. General liability protects your company from the potential financial difficulties that can come up if a customer is injured at your business, or if they file a lawsuit against you for other reasons. This coverage is even more useful because it grows along with your company. If you add a new acupuncture office for example, your general liability policy will automatically provide it with protection from the day you acquire it. The most important ways this insurance helps protect your company includes:
General Liability Insurance Includes:
- Premises Liability – Premises liability is important business insurance for an acupuncturist, so that you’re not putting your entire business at risk when accidents happen. If a customer trips and falls while at your offices, or if their personal property is damaged while parked at your business location, they may sue you for the damages and injuries. Premises liability is designed to protect you from having to pay for these accidents out of your own pockets. It pays the medical bills when physical injuries happen to your customers and it pays for property repairs when damages occur at your business location.
- Products Liability – If you sell products in your acupuncturist office, you are at risk of being sued if those products are found to be defective. When products cause harm or injury to your customers, they can hold you legally liable. Products liability coverage can help protect you by paying for the legal expenses you will incur while defending yourself. It will also pay for the customers medical bills, property damage repair bills, pain and suffering or any other judgments or awards that are granted.
- Completed Operations – Similar to product problems, sometimes a customer may feel that you caused them harm with the services you provided to them. Completed operations coverage helps protect you from these lawsuits as well. It pays for your litigation expenses and pays the customers awards, pain and suffering, or medical bills as applicable.
Acupuncturist Business Owners Policy
A business owners insurance policy, or BOP, gives you additional protection specifically for your tangible or intangible business assets. This insurance includes general liability automatically while allowing you to tailor the other parts of the policy towards your specific business needs. A BOP protects you from losses and damages to your physical assets, such as your offices machines, and to your intangibles as well, such as your accounts receivables. Examples of protection areas you can select include:
- Buildings and Contents
- Business Income and Extra Expense
- Electronic Data
- Newly Acquired or Constructed Buildings
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage
Acupuncturist Business Auto Insurance
Whether you drive for business frequently or your employees drive occasionally, anyone having an auto accident puts your business at great financial risk. Protect your company by carrying a business auto insurance policy so that the amount of accident expenses you must pay for out of pocket are limited. Business auto insurance can pay for medical or repair bills when people or property is damaged in an auto accident. You can add coverage that also protects you from losses caused by other hazards such as hail damage, fire, theft or hit and run drivers.
Acupuncturist Workers Compensation Insurance
Workers comp insurance is required by law in most states when you employ other people. This insurance will pay for your employee’s medical expenses and related care bills if they are ever injured on the job.
Acupuncturist Professional Liability Insurance
Professional liability insurance is another name for malpractice insurance coverage. This insurance is specifically designed for professionals such as acupuncturists, in the event that you make a professional mistake that causes harm to your patients.