Insurance for Office Cleaners
Owning your own office cleaning business can be a sustainable way to earn continuous profits for many years. Whether you operate your office cleaning company alongside your employees, or you run it from your own business space, you have a lot of responsibilities. Office cleaner companies must keep their clients satisfied with their work while also managing employees, cleaning schedules, acquiring new business and taking care of the daily paperwork. One area where you can ease a bit of your work load is to purchase the right types of business insurance.
General Liability Insurance For Office Cleaners
General liability insurance protects your office cleaning company and your clients all at the same time. It helps prevent you from suffering financially when accidents and unexpected events arise. General liability grows with your office cleaner company so that new services and business locations are automatically protected the moment you add them.
General Liability Insurance Includes:
- Premises Liability – Premises liability is part of your general liability coverage that helps protect your customers from having to pay the medical bills if they are harmed or injured on your business premises. This coverage can protect you at your jobsites as well, so if a customer is injured in your work area while you’re cleaning offices your premises liability can pay for the medical care and related expenses.
- Products Liability – The products that you use or sell as part of your office cleaning company can cause harm to your clients. Whether the products are hazardous and used wrongly by your employees or a customer has an allergic reaction, your company may be sued because of those products. Products liability insurance will pay for the damages and injuries caused, and it can provide for your legal defense fees.
- Completed Operations – After you complete your office cleaning services and operations, a customer may take legal actions against your company if they feel you have caused them harm or damaged their property. Completed operations coverage can help pay for your litigation expenses and pays for damages, injures and related settlements.
Business Owners Policy For Office Cleaners
General liability is included in a business owners policy, or BOP. A BOP is ideal insurance for a small business such as your office cleaner company because it allows you to tailor your coverage to just those options that you really need. A BOP protects your company’s tangible and intangible assets. Options can include:
- Buildings and Contents
- Business Income and Extra Expense
- Electronic Data
- Newly Acquired or Constructed Buildings
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage
Business Auto Insurance For Office Cleaners
Business auto insurance provides you with protection against losses that are caused by auto accidents. When people are injured in an accident, your auto coverage can pay for their medical expenses. It also pays for property damages caused by the accident. Additional coverage can provide you with loss protection for your company supplies or cargo that you may carry in cleaning vans for example.
Workers Comp Policy For Office Cleaners
Your office cleaning company must, by law, carry workers compensation coverage for your employees. If an employee is involved in an accident on the job that causes injuries, workers comp will pay for their medical care.
Commercial Umbrella Insurance
A commercial umbrella policy will provide your office cleaner company with additional levels of business insurance over and above the maximum limits of your regular policies.