Vending Machine Business Insurance
Vending machine companies sell products to customers without having to provide cashiers and other support personnel. Many start small with just a few machines and grow into a much larger business. Machines can break down and problems can arise however, that will put your business in jeopardy. Take the necessary steps to protect yourself with commercial business insurance coverage that is designed specifically for your company.
General Liability Insurance For Vending Business
General liability insurance provides broad coverage and protection against many different types of problems. If a customer gets their hand caught in one of your vending machines for example, your company may be liable for the cost of the emergency services she needed and any follow-up medical attention. If one of your machines is blown over in a wind storm, GL can cover the repair or replacement expenses.
Business Owners Policy (BOP) For Vending
Business owners insurance policies (BOP) provide you with general liability protection plus additional types of property protection.
- Equipment Breakdown – When your machines break your company cannot make sales. Covering the cost of the machine repairs can cause major financial headaches for your company if the breakdown occurs when cash flow is low.
- Buildings and Contents – The showroom, company office building, warehouses and storage structures you use for your company can be damaged or destroyed by flood, fire and other natural disasters. A BOP can protect you from the financial impact of building and content damages. Content protection covers furnishings, improvements and other interior or exterior assets.
- Business Income and Extra Expense – If the content inside your buildings or the structures themselves are damaged too severely you may have to suspend business operations temporarily. A BOP can provide for lost income during those times and help with additional temporary expenses.
- Electronic Data – As a vending machine business owner you must keep track of a lot of data. Service contracts, client locations and preferences, machine warranties and service records, refill routes and schedules, employee data and more. If your electronic data is damaged due to a computer glitch or power outage, recovering the critical files can be quite expensive.
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage – If you have employees that are not completely honest, you may have a problem with losses caused by their actions. For example, a dishonest employee may fill your vending machines 90 percent of the way and keep the remaining ten percent for themselves. This can cost you a lot of money in lost revenue over time.
Business Auto Policy Fօr Vending Machine Business
When you use company delivery vehicles or your employees use their personal transportation, business auto insurance protects you from liability caused by car accidents. It can cover the cost of repairs and replacement for vehicles involved, and covers the medical expenses for anyone injured in the accident.
Workers Comp Insurance For Vending Machine Operators
When employees refill your vending machines, relocate machines, place new machines into service and otherwise perform basic job functions, they can have accidents and sustain injuries. By law you must provide workers comp insurance to provide for these potential events. Workers comp pays for the employee’s medical expenses, hospital visits, prescriptions and related medical or disability costs if they are injured while working.