Insurance for Interior Decorators & Designers
Interior decorators get to make money while having fun. You regularly meet new people, visit many different styles of homes and businesses, and you get paid to be creative. You worked very hard to get your education, plan and launch your business. Don’t risk everything now by forgetting one of your most important business protections: Commercial Insurance.
General Liability Policy
General liability is a broad commercial insurance option that helps protect you from unexpected events and hazards. Without this protection, your company could encounter major financial problems when unforeseen accidents happen. For example, if a customer injuries themselves while they’re in your office, your business can be held liable for the incident. General liability insurance can pay for those injuries so that you don’t have to. General liability can also protect you from product and advertising liability, and help with damages that result from fire or other emergencies.
Business Owners Insurance
Business owners policy (BOP) automatically includes general liability coverage along with various types of property coverage and protection. You can choose business specific coverage to customize the perfect package policy for all your interior decorating needs.
- Buildings and Contents – Your physical business assets are crucial to your company’s success. If you maintain an office for your interior decorating business, or a storefront to display designs and samples, you cannot afford to lose it to accidents. A BOP can protect you from the losses of the building itself and any physical assets you have inside.
- Business Income and Extra Expense – If your interior design office is destroyed by a fire or other catastrophic event, you may have to rent temporary space or close your business for a brief period of time. A BOP can provide for the extra temporary expenses you incur and help with lost income.
- Products and Completed Operations (Included in General Liability) – When you sell products to customers there is always the chance that a product could cause harm or damage to your customers health or property. For example, there may be a defect in the product’s manufacturing or your customer may be severely allergic without your notice.
- Electronic Data – The electronic data that you use for your business is a critical part of your success. Specialized interior design software is expensive to replace if it is damaged or corrupted, and customer files may very well be as costly to rebuild. Your BOP can help protect you from the financial impact of losing these important programs and files.
- Valuable Papers Protection – Valuable papers that you keep in physical form are also protected by your BOP.
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage – Dishonest action by employees accounts for over $400 billion in lost annual revenue for small businesses. Protect yourself from dishonesty losses with a BOP.
Commercial Auto Insurance
Traveling to customer locations puts your decorating company at risk for losses due to auto accidents. Commercial auto insurance can cover the automobiles you use for your business as well as medical bills for any persons involved in the auto accident.
Workers Compensation Insurance Policy
By law you must carry workers comp insurance for your employees. Workers comp will pay the employee’s medical bills and related expenses if they are ever injured while performing their job.