Insurance for Delis & Poultry Stores
Owning a deli allows you to provide specialized services to your customers while contributing to your local community. As a deli owner you have many small details that must be tracked, such as regulatory compliance, licensing, employee management and customer service. Protect your company from losses that can arise from unexpected events by maintaining the right types of commercial insurance coverage.
General liability insurance is a business insurance policy that provides you with general protection against unexpected events and accidents. For example, if your customer feels like your advertising was misleading, they can file a lawsuit against your business. General liability can protect your company from financial losses caused by any legal actions filed by a customer. Another incident covered by general liability is if a customer slips and falls in your Deli and as a result suffers bodily injury. This commercial insurance coverage protects you from the unexpected and expands as your business grows.
Business Owners Policy (Bop)
Besides being a standalone policy, general liability comes as a package in a business owners insurance policy, or BOP. The BOP is a combination of different types of coverages that are designed to protect your physical and financial assets. You can pick and choose the exact coverages that are essential for your deli’s needs.
- Equipment Breakdown – If your meat freezer stops working, can you afford to replace it or get it fixed? A BOP can protect you from financial hardships that arise due to unexpected equipment breakdowns and failures.
- Buildings and Contents – When a disaster like fire strikes, the results can be overwhelming. Whether the building burns down or sustains smoke damage, your business will face large financial losses. A BOP provides coverage for the physical building as well as the business content or property you have inside. Your property can include equipment, deli inventory, display racks, tables and chairs.
- Business Income and Extra Expense – If you must suspend business operations for a period of time, you will suffer from income loss. A BOP can provide the lost income and cover your extra expenses as needed.
- Products and Completed Operations (Included in General Liability) – If the items you sell or the services you render bring harm to a customer, your deli can be held legally and financially liable for all damages.
- Electronic Data – When business records and critical files are kept in electronic format, your deli is at risk of losses caused by power outages, water damage, fire and corrupted files.
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage – Dishonest employees can cost your company a lot of time and money. Protect yourself from losses due to employee theft, fraud and other dishonest actions with a BOP.
Workers compensation insurance protects your employees if they are ever injured on the job. It pays for their medical and recovery expenses, prescription costs and temporary disability when applicable.
Commercial auto insurance protects your company from financial expenses that are caused by auto accidents. Whether your deli uses company owned delivery vehicles or your employees use the vehicle to run business errands, a business auto insurance policy can protect against all damages.