Insurance for Car Washes
Car washes can be designed to operate in different ways. Some business owners may choose an automated method so that they don’t have to hire employees while others prefer to offer a more hands-on approach for their customers. Regardless of how your car wash business is structured, make sure you have it fully protected with commercial insurance coverage.
General liability insurance is important business insurance to carry because it protects your business and your customers. For example, if you own an automated car wash and a customer injures themselves when they’re trying to use the power wash machine, your company could be held liable for all injuries. General liability can pay for the related injury medical expenses plus any personal lawsuits filed by the customer. General liability insurance grows with your company and continues to cover new services and locations as long as they’re not specifically excluded from your insurance policy contract.
Business Owners Policy (Bop)
A business owners insurance policy (BOP) is designed to offer your small business specific types of property coverage. It includes general liability and you can custom select the various types of tangible or intangible asset protection your company needs.
- Equipment Breakdown – If power wash machines or any other equipment you use for your car wash breaks down or has any malfunctions, the expense to repair may be more than your company can handle. A BOP can protect you from these financial hardships by taking care of equipment breakdowns and failures.
- Buildings and Contents – Your car wash location can’t operate if the building is damaged or destroyed. Neither you nor your company may be able to financially handle large amounts of damages. A BOP can protect the physical structures of your business, and the property you have inside.
- Business Income and Extra Expense – If your car wash must close for repairs due to a loss or fire, a BOP can cover your lost income and help with temporary extra expenses if you must relocate your business operations for a period of time.
- Products and Completed Operations (Included in General Liability) – If your car wash sells products such as window cleansers and air fresheners, there is always the chance that a defective product can bring harm to a customer. If this happens, your company can be held liable for any harm or damage.
- Electronic Data – If you use specialized computer software to run your car wash operations you cannot afford damaged software. Other electronic data such as financial records can also be very costly to recover or rebuild.
- Newly Acquired or Constructed Buildings – If you buy a new car wash or build additional wash bays in your existing business location, your BOP will automatically cover these additions at no additional premium for a set amount of time.
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage – Car washes that have people on the payroll are at risk of losses caused by dishonest actions. For instance, an employee may take company cleaning materials home for his own personal use. Protect yourself from these types of losses with your BOP.
- A business owners insurance policy (BOP) is designed to offer your small business specific types of property coverage. It includes general liability and you can custom select the various types of tangible or intangible asset protection your company needs.
Commercial auto insurance protects your company from losses that can arise due to auto accidents and injuries.
Workers comp insurance is one of the most important coverages for a car wash to have due to the exposure the employees have to work related injuries. Workers comp is required by law so that employees have recourse if they are ever injured at work.