nurseries & gardens
QUOTE AND SAVE NOW!
Having the right business insurance is no accident
NURESERIES & GARDENS
As the owner of a plant nursery or public garden, your days are filled with balancing acts. You must interact well with people in the form employee to customer, while being in touch with nature to manage your living products. Protect everyone and everything you have invested so much into with the right types of commercial insurance coverage.
General liability insurance protects you and your company if accidents occur. For example, customers who visit your garden center may accidentally drop a heavy potted plant on their foot and require medical care. Or you may sell fertilizer products that make someone ill. General liability provides you with bodily injury protection for your customers, product liability, advertising liability and damage caused to your rented business location by hazards such as fire. General liability extends with your company by protecting new locations, products and services you add on.
Other CoveragesErrors & Omissions
A business owners insurance policy, or BOP, protects specific company assets while also providing general liability protection. With a BOP, you can tailor your commercial insurance coverage by selecting just the options your nursery or garden center needs.
- Equipment Breakdown – Your garden center may use specialized equipment to grow some of the plants you sell. For example, grow lights and seed bed warmers are important pieces of equipment for your company’s success. If an equipment breaks down, it is expensive to repair or replace, but if you are properly insured, than your BOP can cover those costs on your behalf.
- Buildings and Contents – A BOP protects the physical assets of your company inside and out. If you own the location of your business premises, your BOP will cover repairs and/or replacements for all damages to the actual structure. BOP also protects all inventory such as the plants and trees against theft, fire, water damage and etc.
- Business Income and Extra Expense – When disaster strikes hard, it can force you to suspend business operations until repairs are made. A BOP can provide for lost income during these times. It can also help with additional expenses that might arise due to temporary relocation of your nursery plants.
- Electronic Data – Modern nurseries and garden centers keep critical company records electronically. For example, your customer records, planting schedules and breeding lines may also be kept in digital format. If the data becomes damaged due to computer viruses, power surges or water penetration it could be an expensive loss for your company to handle without a BOP.
- Newly Acquired or Constructed Buildings – When you build a new greenhouse or purchase new storage buildings for your garden center, the BOP can automatically protect those new structures.
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage – Small businesses lose an estimated six percent of annual revenue due to dishonest actions by their employees. Protect yourself from theft, fraud and other employee actions that can cost your company unnecessary expense.
Professional liability insurance is also known as errors and omissions. For example, if you mistakenly label an apple tree as a lemon tree and your customer spends money and time to grow it and at the end they see that this is not the tree they were supposed to get, you as the professional can be held liable for the financial expenses and the time spent on growing the wrong tree.
Commercial auto insurance protects your nursery and garden center in the event that there is an auto accident when you or your employees are driving for business purposes.
Workers compensation insurance is required coverage in all states of the nation. Workers comp insurance covers the cost of medical care for your employees if they’re ever hurt while conducting their job duties.